Architectural Design and Specifications Representative
Inside Sales - Woburn, MA
As an Architectural & Design and Specification Representative at Atlantic Plywood you are the face of the company, helping us to develop our presence with key product lines. You are an outgoing and energetic people person who is excited about the product offering and Atlantic Plywood. You proactively inform clients of our product advantages and actively secure specifications for construction projects. You have a confident sales mentality and think outside of the box to grow your business. You are friendly and personable, making it easy to create close relationships with your clients and become an asset to their business. You seek to foster new business to grow our market share while also cultivating your existing relationships with architects and designers. You are assertive and calmly and proactively address any client issues as they arise.
A&D Specification Representatives are responsible for growing current client accounts while also pursuing new accounts. You are responsible for promoting all product lines while keeping clients up to date on samples, design trends, new products and product changes. You are also responsible for qualifying and tracking projects through the design and build stages.
• Identify, initiate, build, and maintain relationships with key architects, designers, and product specifiers within the A&D Community of your territory to increase market share and bolster overall sales volume.
• Introduce Atlantic Plywood product lines and build brand awareness by making daily face to face calls to existing and new specifiers.
• Work independently, cooperatively, and enthusiastically towards the company and team’s goals and directives.
• Work in conjunction with the internal sales and marketing team to develop programs for architects and designers.
• Service existing accounts with the goal of nurturing relationships and increasing key product specifications.
• Provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism by generating and managing specifications from product selection through product delivery and job completion.
• Set up and maintain client displays and merchandising samples and implement creative marketing schemes.
• Keep clients informed about new products and offerings through the organization and execution of informational product presentations.
• Resolve any client concerns and complaints by developing viable and fair solutions.
• Report all activities to your Manager by means of activity and results reports, daily call reports, weekly work plans, and/or quarterly evaluations of market conditions.
• Monitor competition by gathering current information on pricing, products, and merchandising techniques.
• Maintain and increase professional and technical knowledge by reviewing product literature, manuals, and manufacturer bulletins, as well as attending vendor/ manufacturer seminars whenever available.
• Promote Atlantic Plywood products at various tradeshows and special events.
• Analyze client product needs, growth patterns, and market trends.
• Participate in weekly internal meetings and/or conference calls.
• Maintain, service and regularly clean company vehicle.
• Multitask and prioritize work through effective time management.
• Work within the framework of the company’s defined policies, procedures, goals, and directives.
• Any other duties required of the position.
• College Degree or equivalent experience.
• Ability and passion for closing sales.
• Professional Phone, Email, and Computer skills.
• Three (3) years of specification or sales experience. Preferably with commercial interiors and surfacing materials.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Excellent understanding of design and color.
• Flexibility, self-motivation, and drive to meet and exceed goals.
• Ability to travel with